Sunday, July 10, 2016

70s Outfit, 90s Heels


I've been wanting to wear this outfit for what seems like eternity, except every time I tried the weather was either too cold or too hot (darn you mother nature.) I think the timing is rather apt though because I have recently fallen in to an obsession with Harry Belafonte. If you don't recognize the name you might know him from such jams as "Jump in the Line" or "Banana Boat Song" or my personal favorite "Zombie Jamboree" I think this outfit would be great for some calypso dancing (though to be fair his music was big in the '50s rather than the '70s.)


When you're short, as I am, flare jeans become much easier with just a bit of height. Though a stellar set of '70s inspired platforms would have also been great, these '90s sandals are perfect for a more casual outing and for my seriously tired feet. Thankfully, the trends have put both decades at the forefront recently, making it very easy to mix and match. 

Happy time traveling,
xx Jasmine 

Dressed In: TopShop off the shoulder top, Zara kick flares (similar here and here), ASOS heels

No comments:

Post a Comment