Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hair Love

Hello! 
Between running off to orientation and the heat wave my area is dealing with, this post has been delayed wayyy to long - sorry. But here it is now :). I wanted to make this post to just celebrate a long struggle I've had with my hair (that will probably continue forever). I feel like it's a pretty universal thing to go through periods of hating your hair, but I think I've grown to love it more as I take care of it more. Don't be fooled, it still can be super difficult to manage, but I want to look at the good things such as actually being okay with wearing it down when it's curly (which I haven't done for over 5 years at least) and finding products that I love. The last one is super difficult, especially for me, because being bi-racial we are not usually marketed to at all and our hair tends to  varies so much from person to person. Hopefully if I continue to try and actually work with my hair and grow it out some more I'll want to share more pictures like these and find awesome products and treatments that make managing my hair less of a chore. I hope everyone's able to beat the heat this week. 



(Left to right) Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum, Nexxus Exxtra Gel, Mixed Chicks Leave-in Conditioner, Macadamia Natural Oil Hair Deep Repair Hair Masque
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner 

No comments:

Post a Comment