Friday, March 14, 2014

Some of My Favorite Things

Hello! The fashion weeks (or fashion month) consists of me constantly being on style.com and avoiding my homework as much as possible. By the time Paris comes around I usually have to cut back and come back to reality and take care of all the things I've avoided, but I still think it's worth it. I was going to mention my favorite part of the entire month on my roundup but I decided it deserved it's own little post. 


When I looked through Rodarte's show for the first time and saw the Star Wars images I freaked out. A piece of clothing that is well made, unique, fashionable and includes something super nerdy that I love is my dream and I couldn't believe I was actually looking at it. 

All photos above from style.com 

Not only one but two shows using Star Wars images? Be still my heart! I especially love the blouse, it reminds me of the Vadar pillow I have. The Preen by Thornton Bregazzi show mashed soft femininity with the harsh robotic like structure of Darth Vadar's helmet beautifully. 



With all of these awesome Star Wars pieces I had to break out my dark side t-shirt. I've also recently become obsessed with these pants. They are way more wearable then I thought disco pants, and pants like them, would be. As for the runway pieces, I hope this unexpected pop up means there will be more clothing that references some of my favorite nerdy things. And with that I'll leave you to soak in the awesomeness. Hope you have a great weekend! 

PS. Check out this great gif from Swell's Tumblr



No comments:

Post a Comment