Thursday, June 11, 2015

Holy Grails


I don't usually talk about beauty things on here, besides my slight obsession with nail polish, but I thought I'd share some of the products I love. These items are definitely holy grails that I repurchase all the time. You know the ones that you frantically tear up your room for if you even think you lost them, here are mine:

(Left to right, top to bottom)

1. L'oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray: This hairspray is worth all the hype. It holds but is also brush-able and never crunchy. I tend to like the unscented one because the original scent bothers me, but the scent is really the only downside to this can.

2. Benadryl Gel (or cream): Right now I'm trying out the gel version of this, but I really have to recommend the cream version. I get some really bad mosquito bites and the occasional rash, and this is the only thing that keeps me from acting like a crazed child who has chicken pox. It soothes the itch so I can get back to normal life, but it can also be used for sunburn and more severe rashes like poison ivy. If you don't mind some stickiness and enjoy a cooling effect with your ointments, I'd go for the gel form. 

3. Bumble and Bumble Straight Blow Dry Cream: This product is a super time saver. My super curly hair takes some effort to get straight, but it's not such a big deal when I'm using this. I've really tried a lot of these creams that supposedly help to straighten your hair and make things easier, but this is the only one that I've seen actually deliver on their claims. And now they have different versions for more blow drying needs (Here and Here.)

4. Tommy Hilfiger Eau De Prep: I fell in love with this perfume a couple years ago, and now I've almost finished it. I love this scent because it doesn't really fit in a box. It sits pretty somewhere between floral and woodsy and I think it suits me as I don't see myself as fitting firmly in a more girly or androgynous style. This wont be gone from my stash for too long.

5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel: This is my second tube of this and I can't really bring myself to try another one. It holds down my very long eyebrow hairs but isn't crunchy. It's a total score.

6. Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: I've always needed an eye primer, especially since my skin has gotten more oily. I particularly like this one because it's clear. Most other ones have some beige color to them that just doesn't look good against my skin tone.

7. Palmers Cocoa Butter: I break this out every summer to help lighten up some scares for bikini season. It's also really helpful on my elbows and feet to get everything hydrated after a super dry and cold winters. 

8. Nivea A Kiss of Recovery and Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip balm: I've had this lip balm combo for so many years and I've gone through so many tubes. This is truly a holy grail combo. The Nivea one is the one I use first thing in the morning and right before I go to bed. It's super rejuvenating and I can't imagine going through a winter without a tube (or five). The classic Burt's Bees one is a bit of a love/hate for most people, but I always keep a tube in my purse because it's great under lipgloss or lipstick. The Beeswax lip balm is more waxy so it doesn't smear all over your lips making it difficult to apply anything on top of it. These are probably the two out of all of these products that I genuinely start freaking out if I lose them. 


Let me know what are your must haves (seriously I love trying out new stuff) 
xx Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment