Tuesday, March 22, 2016

New York Fashion Week FW16

NYFW was cold as ever this February, but still managed to serve up some great inspiration for when fall rolls around once again. Here are some of my favorites: 

Fuzzy: My love for my TopShop coat has extended to everything fuzzy. Sweaters, vest, coats, doesn't matter as long as it's cosy. 
(left to right) Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung, Alturzza 

Winter floral: Winter florals aren't a new idea, but I love how more leaves and vines are being incorporated into these prints. The fact that Jason Wu's blooms also looks like their smeared and dripping is a great twist to a floral print as well. 
Cynthia Rowley, Jason Wu, Alice and Olivia 

Sweaters: Despite how much I wish and hope, I'll always have to deal with a harsh winter so sweaters are a staple. Oversized sweaters seemed to rule the runway this season. I particularly love how Marc Jacobs managed to make dollies sinister looking. 
Marc Jacobs, Rag & Bone, Lacoste

Atmosphere: I love a good theme and fashion week always delivers some great ones. Coach delivered on all things school themed. If only I was actually that stylish in high school. Opening Ceremony focused on the future rather than the past. Some of the looks seemed like they came straight out of Zenon, but I love how daring the choices were. Plus, there were some great elements like this oil slick colored utility jacket. Thom Browne opted for victorian central park in the winter and though I'm yearning for spring it looked incredible and quite mysterious. 


Overall 

The Creatures of Comfort show had a lot of retail appeal and it spoke to me instantly. I love the relaxed approach to typical work wear. The slouchy fit of the velvet suits makes the look more modern than the 70s version. Plus they added a nice 70s twist to some staples I love like button ups and high waisted pants. 


I consistently love the Marissa Webb shows. This one in particular felt like she took everything that was already in my closet and made it better. I genuinely love everything from the utilitarian army jacket to the additions of drawstrings and frayed edges to a suit. The pops of mustard yellow are also a nice touch and a nod to the 70s trend were all still obsessed with. 

You can find my favorites from previous fashion weeks here
x Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment