Monday, July 7, 2014

With Flowers in your Hair


A couple of months ago I was reading Othello and wanted to do a post that was Shakespeare themed. A look that's a little more romantic and light basically. I don't discuss Shakespeare in my life often mostly because I'm pretty awful at reading it. The sentences are too long for me and I tend to lose the subject easily, but the only way to get better is to keep to trying. That isn't too hard in this case because though I lack skills to properly read it, I'm quite interested in the stories of the plays. 
More recently, I finally bought a copy of Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet. I had watched it once before my first year in high school and fell in love. I tend to love Luhrmann's films because though it can seem like a big crazy mess, I feel he has a firm understanding of the content and how he wants the viewer to react to the film. I looked towards what Juliet wore in the film for some inspiration and found it very innocent. She's almost always decked out in something white and very simple. I kept the outfit simple with just light shorts and a tee shirt with a few romantic details. And of course I had to add in my favorite quote from Othello (It's so sweet!) 
I hope your week is very Shakespearean (minus the deaths).



top: H&M shorts and headband: Forever21 bra: Victoria's Secret 

No comments:

Post a Comment