Style Inspiration: Noora from Skam



 I've spent much of this winter break watching Skam. It's a Norwegian teen drama that takes one season to focus on a character out of the ensemble cast. The description reminded me a lot of Skins, a favorite brit drama of mine in high school, so I made sure to set aside some precious vacation time to watch it. 

I can tell it's a great teen drama because it gives me that familiar feeling in my gut of being a teenager. It's a mixture of boldness, naivety, and insecurity. Though it's not the most positive feeling (I don't think I'm the only one who didn't have a 100% wonderful time in high school), it is true to real life. I think it's one of the hardest things to get across in this genre. On a more positive note, whenever the group of girls support each other it always makes me think of my own friends. 

Fashion wise, there's a lot to take in. Set in Oslo, these kids have some serious style muscles. They make me wish I could change history and tell my younger self what to wear. I'm particularly in awe of their ability to create great sweater/beanie/scarf combos. Definitely something to try out as the temperature continues to drop. 




For this post, I decided to focus on Noora. She's the main character for Season 2 and has a true minimalist style, nearly always paired with a bold lip. Beyond the lipstick, her staple is mom jeans, always with a belt. She pairs them with sweaters, button ups, and mock-necks mainly in soft, cool colors. Though, she does have a great stand out red, roll-neck sweater I would love to have. 

My favorite part is that her pieces were already ones I've had in my closet for awhile. I don't wear this short sleeve sweater too often, but it's a perfect transition top in every season. My Asos chelsea boots are still kicking as well. I had to get the heel redone, but that was only due to me wearing them multiple times a week. They are still super comfortable and one of my favorite shoes to wear. 

Topped off with a belt, a warm scarf and matte, red lip, the outfit is simple yet chic.

Now it's time to watch Season 3!


Dressed in: Gap sweater (similar) and 'best girlfriend' jeans, Zara scarf (similar), Asos chelsea boots 
I use the First Aid Beauty balm for nightly moisture and light exfoliation. If my lips get really bad the Fresh sugar scrub is a quick fix before I wear lipstick. Here I wore the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella





Comments

  1. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with black strapless dress.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts