Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Fish's Favorites: Fall 2016



After returning home from school, I've seen plenty of signs of oncoming cold weather. There's been snow, I've broken out my trusty faux fur coat, and I managed to catch a cold on New Years. I think it's safe to say it truly is winter. Before resigning myself to a mountain of blankets and wearing beanies 24/7, here's a quick look back at what I loved in the fall. 





Wearing: The fall was a lot about the color red. I wore a red top at least once a week. It's already a very autumnal shade, but it is also great for carrying into winter. My favorite has been this waffled henley from LLBean (some colors are on sale right now.) Not the chicest of stores, but this material is seriously soft and the fit is perfect. I've also been getting a lot of use out of my new Modcloth brogues. They dress up an outfit nicely and are a great opportunity to show off some nonconventional socks. 





Applying: Over the past months, I got into the habit of swiping on this Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries and running out the door. It's a nice, muddy, bronze color that could go with any blush or lipstick. On more adventurous days, I loved wearing Bite Beauty's Amuse Bouche lipstick in Thistle. It's such an odd pale, grayish purple color but I could easily wear it everyday. It helps that the formula makes it easy to glide on and go. No fuss here. As the air has gotten drier this Lollia hand cream has come to my rescue. In the scent At Last it's floral but light and a great moisturizer for everyday. 





Watching: The most exciting thing I watched in the fall was the webseries Edgar Allan Poe's Murder Mystery, Invite Only, Dinner Party/Gala for Friends Potluck. Or Poe Party for short. As the title indicates, Poe invites fellow writers from throughout time to dine with him and essentially play Clue, but things go wrong when people start to actually drop dead. This was a ray of sunshine for me every Monday it came out. It was genuinely funny and clever and a joy to watch. I look forward to what Shipwrecked comes up with next. 

I also finally watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. As everyone who recommended it to me said, it is seriously hilarious. It's a great show to watch to lift your spirits. 





Listening: Lots of the playlists I listened to in the fall were from the swing genre. The music is really fun and, as this playlist suggestions, it's great to listen to when your doing chores and you want something upbeat and fun. 


What have you been loving lately?
x Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment