Thursday, January 26, 2017

Layers and Hidden Figures



What's a better excuse to go to the movie theater than a dreary day? Then again, I'll take any excuse to watch a movie. I went out to see Hidden Figures on one of the many, frankly, ugly days we've been having in the NorthEast. I was so excited to watch the film I could almost forget about the cold 

If you don't know, Hidden Figures follows black women who worked at NASA in the 50s, specifically Katherine Johnson who was a physicist. I don't want to give too much away, but I think they handled the racism of the era extremely well. Everything from segregation to ignorance to microaggressions are shown throughout the movie. Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, and Janelle Monáe all did amazing, and their dialogue throughout the movie was powerful. Though there is no perfect, happy ending in history, they managed to make the film uplifting without compromising the truth.  


Dressed in: Asos coat (similar here and here), LL Bean sweater, Forever21 Mens button up (similar), Zara kick flares (similar), Palladium sneakers, Modcloth bag




When break started I imagined taking some dreamy, winter wonderland type photos in the snow but mother nature wasn't on my side. Not only was a sick for a week, but no snow actually stayed on the ground for more than a day. Weather aside, there was still opportunities to bundle up and I took them. 

I've been wearing this sweater every week since I got it. It's a great staple as it matches with absolutely everything. I figured the classic style needed a little element of fun in the form of these kick flares. I figured they were more of a springtime jean, but for gloomy days they may be the bright spot I need. 


Further Reading:








No comments:

Post a Comment