Wednesday, March 1, 2017

New York Fashion Week FW17 | My Favorite Trends



Between New York Fashion Week coinciding with a winter storm and an impromptu break from school, I've had a lot of time to click through all the collections. With some great new perspectives, old traditions and the debut of Raf Simons for Calvin Klein there was also a lot of trends to enjoy. Here are my favorites: 



3.1 Phillip Lim | Rachel Antonoff | Calvin Klein 

I've come a long way from all black outfits everyday and actually look forward to seeing color on the runway and in stores. I loved Calvin Klein's almost crayola-like palette as well as Rachel Antonoff's and muted take. I may stay away from the bright pink though. 

Delpozo | Lacoste | Sally LaPointe 

Honestly, I'm still enamored with Rogue One all these months later. So, anything that reminds me of space, literal imagery or sleek design, is great in my book. 

Theory | Thom Browne | The Row 

It may be a political statement or everyone decided to be done with skirts, but either way there were every kind of suit style on the runway. Though I love to stare at all these loose takes on the suit, I think a more cropped version would be a great edition to my wardrobe. Seems very appropriate for a recent grad. 

The Elder Statesman | Victoria Beckham | The Elder Statesman 

Of course, I couldn't leave out sweaters. Let's be real, I'm always cold. The Elder Statesman may be a new favorite for seriously cozy warmth.


Overall

Coach has been quite the trendsetter lately, and they delivered again with this show. Despite being a true New England girl, the western theme really pulled me in. The prints are so feminine, but are balanced out by the rugged look of the jackets and shoes. 




It may be a bit boring of me, but I always love seeing what J. Crew comes out with every season. The creative, and sometimes silly, approach to layering always makes me smile and they'll definitely help in the trying new colors department later this year. 

Any NYFW trends I missed? 

Further Reading

*all photos from Vogue.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment