Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Modern and Minimalist Ethical Sneakers


In the search for better clothing choices I've had a lot of success with shoes. The newest editions to my shoe rack are these pair of Vejas. When I was putting together outfits I felt like I was missing a sneaker that was a little more plain, but wasn't boring. While I've oogled off-white Converse and classic Adidas, I'm glad I found Veja. 

Veja is a French sneaker company dedicated to sustainable and ethical production of sneakers. For sustainability they use both methods of sourcing natural materials and  up-cycling. The most interesting aspect for me was their B-Mesh. 100% of the mesh is created from recycled fibers and are still waterproof and breathable. Meshes in your average sneaker of jersey just refers to any open woven fabric made either from natural fabrics or plastics. 

I also appreciate Veja's honesty. In their projects section detailing all of their efforts, there is also a section about the parts of the shoes that are not yet sustainable. Nothing can be perfect, but the fact that Veja is open and clear about what they want to improve on is commendable. 

Their sneakers are a great classic piece to fill in that gap in my closet and a great excuse to wear white jeans one last time before winter settles in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment