Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Her Universe and The Last Jedi Viewing Outfit



I love how the holiday season automatically means Star Wars. It's another awesome thing to do and appreciate this time of year, and it has become a tradition for my family to go see it together opening weekend. 

So when the season came around and there was a sale on Her Universe on Black Friday, it didn't take much beyond the $10 pricetag to convince me I needed a new tee shirt for The Last Jedi showing. I appreciate how unusual this design is compared to most other franchise shirts. I love the vintage posters, power stances, and logos on all the other ones, but this one feels a little more special, especially with the recent passing of Carrie Fisher. 

So many aspects of the movies connect to family, from the themes, to my own tradition, and the the inevitable connects between the generations of people who have grown up with the films. The vanity portrayal of Leia and Padme feels like a small moment to recognize the passing of the torch, and how Star Wars has reached so many people throughout the decades. 

Dressed in: Her Universe Tee (and available in plus size), Levi Wedgie jeans, Anthropologie earrings, Kylo Ren Socks (similar)





No comments:

Post a Comment