Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Room Redecoration: Gallery Wall


At the very start of this project I had no idea where anything was going, but I knew I wanted to make a gallery wall. I didn't have a paint color picked out or a layout in mind, but I had a Pinterest board full of art prints waiting for the right moment. 

Despite the certainty, this wall was the final part of the redecoration. I wanted to bring more dark, cool toned colors in the room so I focused on a dark purple and theme. If you Google gallery walls there are a lot of creative ways to set one up, but I played it a bit safe and did two of each size print and a bit of a mirror structure. 

The frames were a bit of a happy surprise. They were on sale at Michaels and since there wasn't enough in one color I hoped a mix of all tree would work. Thankfully, it did and I got to save a bit of money. 


As for fixing what I had before, my bed needed a cohesive color scheme. I kept the colors neutral and left the bolder colors to the prints instead. I also really wanted an actual nightstand. A dresser works and is great multifunctional piece, but I wanted to simplify. 






No comments:

Post a Comment