Saturday, September 28, 2013

New York Fashion Week SS14

Hello! 
I haven't been posting lately because I've been making some changes to the blog. I've been wanting to change it for a while and I'm very happy with it now. Let me know what you think of it.
 I wanted to share some cool trends and details that I'm excited to go looking for come spring.
   
                                                                                                                                              
             
    Transparency- I just recently started to like the transparency trend of the summer and I like it even more now. On one side it has gone to an extreme with panels that are sexy but not vulgar at Locoste, and on a more demure level as a detail on a dress or skirt. at Wes Gordon 

    
White- I didn't realize that I was attracted to white in the spring and summer until I took a peak at what I'd been reblogging on tumblr for some inspiration. I had posted a lot of models and streets style photos of all white outfits. I guess I'm attracted to white the same way I end up wearing black; it's versatile, simple, and crisp looking. It also work with edgy and feminine styles evident in Jason Wu's show.  

 
Breezy Pants- This is another trend that I've been thinking about for awhile and this season just reinforced my desire for them. They are so comfy yet cool looking I could go on about them for days. Photos from Badgley Mishka


Girly-ness- I've always loved watching Zac Posen's shows dreaming of being a disney princess or a royal in his gowns. This show is inspiration for expanding the girly side of my wardrobe.  

Fun Hair- I'm in college so why not mess around with my hair color a bit. Instant update of a look and lots of (temporary) fun. 
Overall- The 3.1 Phillip Lim show is the one this season that was just an overall goal of what I want my style to look like - simple and cool. 

All Photos are from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment