Saturday, April 19, 2014

Glass Bottles



Hello! I'm home right now for Easter and my wardrobe has left me pretty uninspired. So during one of my breaks from cleaning out my closet I made these little vases out of some old wine bottles my mom gave me. It was also a good way off getting off my computer for a bit. Instructions are after the jump. 




So first I had to take off the labels. I used the method of soaking them in hot water for 15 minutes. It worked pretty well but here's an ehow on other methods that might work better.


I took the left over pages from the book clutch I made for prom and cut them up into a few different shapes. I was inspired by this DIY


After getting off the labels I got some water and soap and cleaned out the bottles and then let them dry upside-down. 

Next I used mod podge to glue the pieces to the bottle and then covered it with mod podge to make sure it stuck. 


And ta-da you now have a couple of vases. Now I just need some flowers. Hope everyone has a good Easter if you're celebrating.

Ps: This is my 100th post!! That's kinda crazy haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment