Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pretty in Pink

Hello! When I heard that the movie Mean Girls was going to have it's tenth anniversary this year, and it was also going to be a wednesday I got so excited and knew I wanted to do a post about it.  I remember this movie so fondly. Mean Girls was (and still is) a staple between my friends and I for any get together or sleepover, and I'm pretty sure we can all recite the whole movie.  So, to celebrate it is time to put on some pink, get a little girly, and remember the things Mean Girls taught everyone.

"On Wednesdays we wear pink." 
Some girly things for today (right to left, top to bottom): Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo, Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore, Covergirl tweezers, Ulta nail polish in Fushsiamania, Prada Candy L'eau perfume, Real Techniques Stippling brush 
Not only was the movie hilarious, but it was a bit revolutionary for beginning to talk about issues that girls universally endure. I think my friends and I do owe Tina Fey and everyone who worked on the movie, for starting discussions that we still have today. I especially feel thankful when I read articles about how hard they fought for this movie to be rated PG-13 instead of R because of the amount of skin being shown and a lot of the dialogue being about women's bodily functions. A lot of people wouldn't have been able to see the movie if that didn't happen and I feel without those elements the movie would have been to unrealistic to be so relatable. Below are two quotes from the movie I want to keep in mind, along with all of the funny ones I have memorized, as time goes on. I hope you are enjoying this pink filled day and keep the quotes in mind as well. 


"I know having a boyfriend might seem like the only 

thing important to you right now, but you don't have 

to dumb yourself down in order for a guy to like you."



"Calling somebody else fat won't make you any 

skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn't make you 

any smarter. And ruining Regina George's life 

definitely didn't make me any happier. All you can do 

in life is try to solve the problem in front of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment