Friday, September 19, 2014

New York Fashion Week SS 2015

I took a quick break from blogging to get adjusted to school, but I'm back and sharing my favorite trends and looks from New York Fashion Week. So here we go: 

Button-up Shirts


(From left to right: Public School, Proenza Schouler, Proenza Schouler) 

A button-up shirt was my starting point for re-building my wardrobe. It was the one thing that I absolutely wanted to be a cornerstone in my personal style. I enjoy the idea of making the usually strict shirt more cozy and relaxed, but a classic outfit is always good as well.

Capes


(L to R: Tadashi Shoji, Tome)

Capes seem to be appearing more often (maybe because of the famous Lupita dress?) Either way I'm for it, it's a more formal, old school silhouette that I appreciate. I've already spotted some on Nasty Gal.

Crop tops and skirts 


(R to L: Prabal Gurung, Sally LaPointe) 

Some people may be getting tired of this trend, but I'm still in love with it. The shapes and ease it can create are amazing. More crop tops and skirts will be piling into my closet this spring for sure. 

Dresses



(L to R: Zimmermann, Erin Featherston, Marissa Webb)

As I've mentioned before, I'm starting to become more of a dress girl, so I zoned in on them at each show. I love the Zimmermann halter dress, because the metallic color looks so nice, and I was really drawn to that 90's style neckline. The Erin Featherston dress is just perfect, cute, and not over the top at all. Lastly, the Marissa Webb piece is effortless (easy, breezy, beautiful). Just what I want. 



Overall 

I'm so indecisive sometimes I don't know why I bother trying to pick one collection as my sole inspiration for the season. Here's three.

Band of Outsiders 




Band of Outsiders' collection was so relaxed without compromising any structure the pieces had. I could easily picture myself in all of the outfits (minus the hats though). 

Karen Walker 




I loved Walker's show because it made me want to wear more colors and patterns, and that's a big feat. I think the more 70's vibe of the clothes made them seem more approachable to me. 

Alice + Olivia 



The Alice + Olivia presentation didn't really spark any new trends or ideas that haven't been brought forth before, but that didn't really matter because what was presented was everything I love. A major portion was solely black and white and the clothes reminded me I don't have to grow up so fast. I should still enjoy dressing up just to look cute or adorable. It's okay not to want to wear crazy colors or traditionally clashing patterns. That's just not my thing.

I hope you enjoyed this round-up. 
xx Jasmine 

All photos are from style.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment