Monday, September 1, 2014

Brand Focus: Shiro Cosmetics



I've been wanting to do a post about Shiro Cosmetics for awhile now, and I'm so excited to have made my first purchase last month. Shiro Cosmetics is all about geeky makeup that is vegan and cruelty free. I've never honed in on whether all of my makeup was vegan or not, but now that it has been a few years of me playing around with makeup and finding out what I like I think it's an appropriate time to start thinking about what type of brands I'm supporting. 
First off, the ideas for each product and their names are great. I love the artwork that's chosen to be on the full size pots and it's all just so cool (to me at least). Not to mention the colors of the month, suggested by fans on Facebook and available for the duration of that month, are a fun addition and are usually quite humorous. My favorite part is that you can choose which individual components of the collection you want and which size you want them to be. This is really handy when you want to get adventurous, but don't want to have a ton of product or to simply try something out before deciding to get the larger size. You can see all three sizes above: the full jar, the mini jar, and the sample. You also get free samples and candy with your purchase which is a huge plus.
This round (because I'm definitely making another purchase) I only got eyeshadows, and even though I am in no way an expert or even really that good at makeup I'll tell you what I think. I was kinda nervous to use them for the first time because I am not used to using loose powders (though they just introduced some pressed shadows) but it did pretty well and I was able to blend away and pack it on for some of the more intense colors. My favorites were the golds I got (Climbing Chaos from the Seven Kingdoms Collection and Farewell, Wherever you Fare from the Hobbit Collection). The shimmer is just right and I'm always a fan of gold. 
I took some quick swatches of the shadows I purchased, but I don't think my camera really does them justice. If you want to check out much more makeup (and better swatches) here's Shiro's site and here's their Facebook to keep up to date about everything. 

Hope you have a great start to your September.
Jasmine 


From The Seven Kingdoms Collection (top to bottom): Mother of Dragons, Climbing Chaos, Hodor, and Women's Weapons

From The Hobbit Collection: Fifteen Birds in Five Fir Trees, Farewell Wherever you Fare, War of Five Armies
From The Earth's Mightiest Heroes Collection: I Understood That Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment