Thursday, January 22, 2015

The (Usually) Forgotten Things to Bring on Your Next Trip

Thanks Yessi for the pic

I am a huge planner, have some perfectionist tendencies, and always prepare for the worst; I'm that lady you see that always has a mini first aid kit in her purse. And all of that mixed together means I spent months scouring the internet for tips on what to bring with me for my semester abroad. Now that I'm here and have gotten a handle on what's truly useful, I thought I'd share with you the lesser known odds and ends that are a ton of help when traveling, particularly for long periods of time. 

[From right to left, top to bottom]

Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens: Long plane rides do strange things to the skin. For some people it gives them dry patches, for me it gives out a big dollop of oil. So to avoid looking like a complete mess upon landing, these blotting linens take away that fresh from the gym look.

Conair bobby pin holder: With so much travel there's no time to be worrying about how you lost all of your bobby pins. If you can't find this set, an empty tic-tac case works just as well.

Coin Purse: I have no idea where this coin purse came from. It was just hanging around my room, and after coming back from Rome in the summer I threw all my foreign coins in there so they'd have a place. Having this comes in handy though because cash (and exact change) is king outside the U.S. (I'll just have to pick up a chicer one in my travels).

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black rollerball: Traveling is a good time to try out a perfume you're contemplating buying the full size of.

Tide Single Load Detergent: I opted to bring along a pack of these to start myself off. I figured if a disaster happened I didn't want to be running around in a place I don't know looking for detergent. A good precaution.

Sephora Dry Clean Solid Brush Cleanser: The less liquids the better. This bar will keep everything clean and mess free.

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter: I've always been a makeup wipe person, but switching over to this butter eliminates chances of things spilling, and will last a lot longer than a month (most packs of wipes are a little under a 30 count). There are also oil versions, but the butter is a little less messy.

Butter London Scrubbers: I can't live without my nail polish so an easy remover is a must.

Luggage Weigher: Restrictions on flights are pretty tight especially when your trying to shove your life into a suitcase. A portable weigher will keep everything in check (or at least give you a heads up of future fees).

Modal Earbuds: Like my college tips post, always being prepared for your headphones to die is key. I picked these up from Best Buy and they seem pretty good. Guess I'll find out when my iPhone ones go.

Hope this was helpful 
xx Jasmine 




No comments:

Post a Comment