Thursday, June 29, 2017

PopSugar Reading Challenge 2017: Q2


Though I read about the same number of books as last quarter, I feel like this one has been a bit of a reading slump, or at least not as many books as I wanted to read these past few months. On the bright side, this quarter was filled with books that surprised me, and are sure to be long time favorites. Here they are: 

The first book in a series you haven't read before
A book where the main character is a different ethnicity than you &
A book that's published in 2017: 
Also known as the series I won't shut up about, I've been reading this series most of the quarter and frantically flipped through my print out of the challenge to make sure each book fit into to some slot. It's a new all time favorite. Great for anyone interested in different cultures, drama and hunger and envy inducing descriptions of food.

A book with a title that's a character's name: Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
This was a book where I was upset that I hadn't read it sooner. A quirky family, a lot of heart, and humor make this book a great pick me up. 

A Bestseller from a genre you don't normally read: Life, The Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams
I had been reading this book during my trip to Cancun and had left it there since I returned and figured this was a great excuse to pick it up again. Adams' joyful Nihilism can make anyone like sci-fi. 

A book with a month or day of the week in the title: A Perfect Yesterday by Ann L. Tucker 
I know this matchup is a bit of a stretch because 'yesterday' isn't actually a day of the week, but this book was shoved in my hands before I could think of if it fit anywhere. Thankfully it's a short and sweet read. 


Up Next: 
A book with multiple authors: Nudge by Richard H. Thaler and Cass R. Sunstein 
I've already started diving into this and I'm not sure how it will affect my life, but learning about the psychology of how we make decisions, good and bad, is really interesting. 

A book with one of the four seasons in the title: Three Day Summer by Sarvenaz Tash 
Had to wait for the right weather to start this one, of course. 

Have you read any of these books? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment