Friday, May 16, 2014

Letting the Light In



 tee and skirt: bracelets: Feed for Target and H&M 


     Hello! As you may have known from Tumblr or Twitter I am in Rome for the week! It was a pretty long flight in, but not too bad. I'm not the worst on flights, but my stomach could have handled my nerves better. Despite the uncomfortable feeling, arriving was like a dream. I just look around and everything is so pretty!
     For the first full day my class went to the Vatican. I opted for a maxi skirt since it was required that we dress more modestly. I'm kinda amazed at the skirt because it's from Forever21 and isn't too long. The fact that it fits perfectly made me feel super girly as we walked the streets, though once I got back I immediately started sitting cross-legged.
     The Vatican was beautiful but tiring. One of my favorite parts was learning about Michael Angelo and his process of painting the Sistine Chapel. It was nice to learn about some of the technicalities of painting the ceiling, and I like the fact that he stuck to his guns when people opposed his work. You should look him up he's pretty badass.  I also loved St. Peter's church. The grandness of it alone was mesmerizing and inexplicable. Like nothing I've ever seen. Can't wait for more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment