Friday, August 15, 2014

Spectacles

Hello! I finally got to buy a pair of Warby Parker glasses. Warby Parker has become quite popular recently and rightfully so. They have a fair variety of unique optical and sun glasses, for every pair that is purchased they donate one to someone in need, and they've begun to collaborate with various celebrities. Not to mention each glass has an awesome name that has me making references like crazy. And the biggest plus goes to the fact that most of the glasses only cost $95 including the lenses.
After the jump you can read about my experience with their free (yes free) home try-on program and more pictures of the frames I chose. 



When the mail arrives you get a cute little package.





One tip I want to pass on is get a variety of styles. I got three that were very similar styles and then once  I tried them on I figured out I didn't like how they fit my face. It made my decision easier, but it would have been nice to have some variety. The one hiccup when picking out which ones to try on was not all of them were available for home try-on. I'm not sure why that is, but it made it more difficult to choose the five. 
The following are pictures of the frames are going from right to left in the box.

Oh so preppy "Preston" in whiskey tortoise

1. These were cute, but I wasn't really drawn to them. 

Lying "Lyle" in plum marblewood
2. I loved this color (a subtle purple) but the frames were still too small for my liking.

1.21 Giga- "Watts" in sugar marble
3.  Though I was a little skeptical about round glasses I really liked these. Plus they remind me of Lavender from Matilda.

Duck face "Duckworth" in marine slate
4. Another case of love the color, but the shape just wasn't right. 

Atticus "Finch" in violet magnolia 
5. These were the pair I was drawn to when I first tried on all five. The past week has been a tug of war between the this one and number 3, but ultimately I chose these. I think the more angular frames, the bold print and a hint of a cat eye shape work a little better with my overall look. 

I hope this post was helpful! 
xx Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment