Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Why Tevas are My Birkenstocks


When Birkenstocks came back about a year ago, I mostly just watched the trend from afar. Since going to school in the city I can appreciate the desire for a seriously comfortable shoe and don't hate them, but I never really got the urge to snatch up a pair. So when it came to finding a sturdy pair of sandals for this summer I was only partially surprised to end up with these Tevas. 

Like many obsessed with Birkenstocks, Tevas were what I wore when I was much younger. I wore them while running around at summer camp for more years than I can count. I don't remember particularly liking them. I think I thought the velcro made me look much younger than I was. Many years later I stumbled upon this pair when I was perusing around Anthropology's site. I didn't realize they were Tevas but once I found out it kind of made sense. 

Nostalgia is nice, but this are definitely an upgraded version of the ones I used to wear. They're much more sleek and rather than a violently bright and dizzying pattern like the ones I had many years ago, they're a nice muted blue. I took them out for a true test (a day trip to New York to finally fix my computer) and they held up. They were super comfy and I didn't have to worry about my shoe sliding around like most sandals. Overall they're a good idea if you want to invest in a sandal. 

Sometimes the answer is in the past,
xx Jasmine 



Dressed in: Aerie dress (outfit post for it next week) 

No comments:

Post a Comment