Sunday, July 5, 2015

Packing for Cancun

Despite the stress and scrambling around this past week (don't order things you need to wear to a wedding a few days before you leave) I kind of love packing. This time around I'm staying in Cancun for a week. I never really thought about visiting Mexico, but so far it's been a pleasant surprise. Before I flood all my posts with outfits from my vaca I thought I'd share what I packed ... well at least some of it. Despite my love I'm a serial over-packer. So here's the edited down, pretty version: 

Swimsuits 
I'm absolutely obsessed with high waisted bikinis, and now I finally have not one but two *happy dance.* I also figured I'd bring along two regular bikinis so my tan lines aren't so strange. 

Target bikini top // Aerie bottoms and set // Zara bikini 
  

Tanks and Shorts 
Finding out that it was going to be super humid the entire time were here had me really digging into my closet to find light, breathable fabrics. This post from by Geneva at A Pair & a Spare really helped me out. Tank tops and shorts are also a nice foundation for anything really. 

Gap tank (similar) // Forever21 tank // Aerie tank (similar) // TopShop off the shoulder top //  
H&M shorts // Forever21 shorts // Urban outfitters cut offs


Dresses
A wedding plus some nights eating out with the family means dresses. They are literally a savior in hot weather too. My long sleeve J. Crew dress was also great on the plane, where I was cold, but since it was 100% cotton, not unbearable once we landed. 

Loft dress, Banana Republic dress, ASOS dress, J. Crew dress 

Makeup and Skincare 
I really tried to pair down my makeup and probably could have made it even smaller if it weren't for the wedding (gotta look good for those pictures.) I stuck with really simple eyes and cheeks and had fun with a ton of lip products. And to help my skin through the shock of a new environment, sunscreen, makeup wipes for the plane and my ultimate fave moisturizer that genuinely keeps my skin from getting oily. 

[top to bottom, left to right] 


Extras
Vacation calls for an interesting piece you might not wear on a normal basis. For me it's this oversized boater hat. I love the shape and originally wanted a normal sized one, but I figured the larger brim would help protect me from the sun. There's a good chance there'll be a more traditional one in my future as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment