Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Dressing Up As Fictional Characters (Compilation)



I went to go take photos for this week's blog post and fell right into a style slump. I faced my closet, a little stumped on what to wear in this irregular, transition weather. Rather than try to force anything, I decided to take a step back and gather some inspiration for the upcoming months. While I'm putting together my fall and winter wardrobe, I thought I'd look back on one of my favorite ways of dressing; taking outfits out of the TV shows and movies I love. 

In a kind of all encompassing version of DisneyBounding I love taking photos from whatever I'm watching and digging through my closet to see if the outfit is already there. Easily my favorite thing to post on Instagram and it has started to influence how I put my outfits together. Sometimes it's good to ask yourself 'would Rachel Green wear this?' before walking out the door. So I hope you enjoy this compilation of style inspiration and if you like - come say hi on my Instagram. 


The very first one! 
I feel like I come back and take a peek at Rory's style from Gilmore Girls every time fall comes around. 


I may need to dedicate a whole post to my love of Rachel's outfits in Friends.

Monica too! I guess I seriously need to do Pheobe soon.

Nora from Skam is another wonderful lady I could recreate so many outfits from that show. 

A very relaxed outfit for a stressed out dude (Todd from Dirk Gently.) 
This Baby in Dirty Dancing inspired post makes me want to dive into some older movies' costuming. 
Sometimes the inspiration is glamorous like Mylenne in The Get Down ...
... and sometimes it's not, like Jon Snow in Game of Thrones.
Alriggggttt! (Linda from Bob's Burgers)
You know I'm always game for a Harry Potter reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment